Become an ActionAid Champion!
Have you signed up for a physical challenge like the City2Surf or Tough Mudder? Why not do it in solidarity with women and girls leading change around the world? Create a fundraising page and bring your friends, family and colleagues along on your journey - GET STARTED HERE!
Click HERE to find an event near you!
Host your own event!
Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- Hold a pot luck at work (and double your efforts by asking your employer to match the funds you raise!)
- Host a dinner party
- Donate your birthday (ask your friends to Donate to ActionAid in lieu of presents)
- Have a garage sale and donate the earnings.
- Are you a part of a club? Get the community involved and host an event!
The funds you raise could:
- Support women as they learn life-changing skills in farming, money handling and livestock rearing.
- Teach young girls about their rights and how to prevent injustices from happening by standing up for themselves.
- Help end violence against women and support survivors of violence by providing medical, emotional and psychological support and safe spaces.
- Campaign and advocate on behalf of those who aren't able to speak for themselves, ensuring their stories are told and that the government know we will not stand for injustices!
- Respond to emergencies in case of disasters and conflict by providing immediate relief and a plan to build resilience within the community so they can better handle disasters in the future.
For more information about ActionAid Australia or how to fundraise to help women fight povert, please contact us on 1300 66 66 72 or email email@example.com.