Are you our next Community Leader? Apply today!
We’re building an activist network here in Australia that stands in solidarity with women around the world fighting for equality and justice. As a Community Leader, you will have the opportunity to be trained in community organising, campaigning and ActionAid’s Human Rights Based Approach. You will be connected to an Australia-wide network of passionate volunteers, as well as the broader ActionAid global network. SO what are you waiting for!?
Apply at the links below for a Community Leaders Training near you!
- Brisbane Community Leaders Training: Saturday 7th April 2018. Apply here.
- Sydney Community Leaders Training: Saturday 14th - Sunday 15th April 2018. Apply here.
- Melbourne Community Leaders Training: Saturday 5th May 2018. Apply here.
- Adelaide Community Leaders Training: Saturday 19th May 2018. Apply here.
Need some more help deciding?
- Are you committed to women’s rights, poverty eradication and social justice?
- Do you want to connect with your local community?
- Are you interested in organising community events, love working with people, and want to help people come together to take action?
- Are you passionate about activism and advocacy, and learning the skills to win campaigns?
- Are you able to commit 3-5 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months to ActionAid’s projects in your community?
- Are you available for a full day training in your respective city (see below for more details)?
If you answered yes to some of the above, then you are a perfect fit for becoming an ActionAid Community Leader and we’d love for you to apply.
More on our network
ActionAid's Activist Network is driven by a dedicated group of volunteer Community Leaders responsible for building a movement of activists in their local community. Community Leaders are part of their local ActionAid group, help organise events and campaign actions, bring new people into the movement, and build their leadership skills along the way.
A grassroots network of volunteers taking action in solidarity with the women we work with around the world. If you want to be part of leading that - apply to attend a local training above!
We know that so many of the injustices women are fighting around the world start right here in Australia - and by standing in solidarity, we can support the women we work with to win campaigns that protect women’s rights and build sustainable alternatives to business-as-usual.
For more information you can call Liz on (02) 9565 9192 or email email@example.com