The General Assembly (GA) has responsibility for providing the strategic direction to enable AAG to achieve its objectives. The GA meets once (1) a year. However, there are opportunities for GA Members to join the Board of Trustees or one of the 5 Committees of the Board.
We are particularly interested in individuals with skills in finance, human rights, communication, employment rights, development practice, impact assessment, gender issues, food rights, climate change, education issues, media, among others.
Action Aid Ghana (AAG) is an Affiliate of ActionAid International, an anti-poverty Non Governmental Organization working in over 40 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia. AAG works with community groups and local civil society organizations to improve the situations and conditions of life of poor and excluded people, in the long term.
ActionAid deems it a social responsibility to contribute to the development of young professionals within Ghana and other parts of the world where ActionAid works. It is for this mutual benefit that AAG offers internship programmes with the idea of providing new graduates or undergraduate students with an opportunity to acquire useful work experience in the area of their field of interest.
A one-year internship programme is available to graduate or undergraduate students who share in AAG’s values with a passion to contribute to end poverty.
Monthly Base Salary : Band 4: Step 1 (GHS 1,914.52)
Closing date for applications:
The Trainers are responsible for planning, organizing and conducting relevant contextualized international trainings, based on the values of ActionAid. The trainings are conducted to empower youth to create positive social change.
• Develops, conducts and organizes trainings at the Global Platform within the Global Platform framework, e.g. Global Campaign and Youth and Governance.
• Facilitates and maintains relationships with partners and places for research and field trips.
• Give support to running of other courses
• Takes charge of the sessions for the various courses at the platform within the areas of e.g. youth and female empowerment democracy, human rights based approach, and political systems
• Develops and contextualizes training manuals, course scripts and detailed evaluations of each course, contributing to the development of Training for Change’s courses and methodologies
• Develops innovative new concepts for youth engagement at the Global Platform in accordance with local and international needs