For over 25 years, ActionAid Ghana has been working in hand with people living in poverty.
ActionAid uses the Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) by sensitising marginalised people and those living in poverty about their rights, leading to them advancing their own rights and demanding equality.
ActionAid Ghana works in six of Ghana's regions where poverty is most prevalent (Upper East, Northern, Upper West, Brong Ahafo, Volta region and extremely marginalised communities in the Greater Accra region). You can help by sponsoring a child within any of the communities we work in within these regions, your donation will not only be used to take care of your sponsored child but pooled and used to start programmes and interventions within the community your sponsored child is from. This way, the whole community is developed.
Our key development focus are;
· Basic Education and Rights in Education
· Women Empowerment, Affirmative Action
· Domestic Violence and Gender Discrimination
· Food Security and Climate Change
· Women’s Participation in Local Governance
· Female Leadership/Involvement in National Level Decision-Making Structures
· Youth Development/Empowerment
· Sustainable Livelihoods Activities for Women.
If you would like to partner ActionAid Ghana to continue working with people living in poverty, please donate to:
ActionAid Ghana Fundraising
Account No: 0150400582100,
Standard Chartered Bank,
High Street Branch