The combined baselines should take up to 4 weeks to complete, including research and report writing. The project is already underway but final adaptations to monitoring systems and selection of partners will be completed by end of September 2018. The aim is to complete the Baseline Studies by end of September 2018 prior to the commencement of activities.
6) Outputs / Deliverables
1) 20 page report of findings
2) Draft report to be submitted for comment before final report
3) Short Power-point presentation of findings to relevant ActionAid staff
4) Submit any documents, case studies or material collected throughout the desk study
Desired Experience and Qualifications of Consultant
ActionAid is seeking proposals with the following skills and experiences:
1. Experience or informed understanding of protection and resilience programming in humanitarian response.
2. Experience or informed understanding of the Human Rights Based Approach and specifically on women’s rights
3. Experience conducting baseline surveys and knowledge on relevant sources of information for humanitarian funding and trends.
4. Substantial experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research and data analysis
5. Ability to conduct statistical analysis of monitoring and survey data
6. Ability to communicate complex data in simple, clear ways
7. Understanding of and commitment to ethical issues in research/evaluations
8. Ability to write high quality, clear, concise reports in English
9. A financial proposal that offers good value for money and that maximizes potential efficiencies to deliver the outputs within budget
Selected consultant(s) will be expected to sign and abide by ActionAid values and key policies (including Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy, Child Protection Policy etc.).
To apply and for full information please visit your website via the link.
We invite interested individuals to submit the following application documents:
A. Copy of CV of the consultant(s) who will undertake the research and evaluation (maximum 3 sides of A4 each);
B. Proposal (maximum 4 sides of A4) detailing a) how the Consultant(s) meets the selection criteria and b) their understanding of the TOR and methodology. Please ensure your proposal explicitly outlines the approach you intend to follow in order to undertake the specified baseline studies? Which sources of information will you draw on?
C. A proposed activities schedule/work plan with time frame;
D. Financial proposal detailing consultant(s) itemized fees, data collection and administrative costs
E. One recent example of similar evaluation report written by the applicant (if joint authored to include a description of the role of the named consultant in the report);
F. Contact details of two independent referees
Deadline: The deadline for applying is 22nd August 2018
We are aiming to select the consultant by start of September