Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate should have at least a Masters Degree either in social sciences, development studies, management, international development studies or any other development - related area.
• At least 5 - 10 years in the top management position of a development organisation working in poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiatives, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
• Experience working as Executive Director for similar organisation will be an advantage.
• Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to lead and develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional team undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy.
• Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems with the budget size of at approximately MWK 16 billion a year.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives.
• Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and Donors at all levels.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting Action Aid Malawi programmes.
• Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which Action Aid’s poverty alleviation programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
• Proficiency in English and a familiarity with the context of the country as it affects development strategies.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, crisis management, conflict management and risk management skills.
• The capacity to inspire others to give of their best to achieve a desired result, whilst maintaining effective relationships with individuals and teams as a whole and allocating resources
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply by sending their motivation letter application form which can be accessed on www.actionaid.org to EDrecruitment.Malawi@actionaid.org submission should be made by 5pm 28th April 2017 Malawi time.