ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid in Afghanistan is part of the ActionAid International Federation and is one of ActionAid’s programmes.
ActionAid Afghanistan (AAA) invites applications for its Head of HROD position. This is one of the Senior Management Team position, reportable to Country Director and will be based in Kabul. The Head of Human Resources, Organisational Development ensures the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and systems for the ActionAid Afghanistan (AAA) which are aligned to the AAA Country Strategy Paper (CSP); and ensures adherence to HR good practices of ActionAid International(AAI) Global HROD Framework and Standards, and in compliance with all local labour laws and other statutory requirements in Afghanistan.
Qualification & Experience
· The ideal candidate must have a bachelordegree in Human Resources Management, Organisation Development or in relevant fields. Master degree or Professional HROD certified qualificatiom(CIPD) are preferable.
· A minimum of 10-year work experience in a reputed organization, preferably in the non-organizational organization with at least 5 years in HR management position
· Experience in implementing and monitoring the compliance of HR system, policies and procedures, preferably the context of an international organisation
· Experience in developing HR systems, policies and procedures is an advantage
· Experience of working in multi-cultural environment
· Basic knowledge of human rights and poverty issues in Afghanistan
· Knowledge on of laws and regulations Afghan labour, health and safety is desirable
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please visit our website www.actionaid.org/jobsfor further details and submit your CV and motivation/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by nolater than 5PM, 2 May 2017. Please clearly indicate the. REF No: HR/AAA in the subject of your email.
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified Afghan national, especially women are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid International will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.