The project goal is build resilience of smallholder farmers in the arid and semi-arid rural areas to ensure food security and improve farm income at the family level.
The project gives special focus to women and youth in the key operational areas. The farmers organize themselves into small holder farmer’s cooperatives and Farmers Field Schools ( FFS). The farmers movement are important for lobbying and advocacy at the national and county level.
- 2,500 people reached directly
- 10,000 people reached indirectly
- 80 Farmers Field Schools are in operation
- 10 Junior Farmers Field schools operationalized
- 3 small holder farmers cooperatives activated
- 30 tonnes of drought resistant seeds distributed
- 40 hand irrigation pumps kits distribute to farmers.
- 20 drip kits distributed.
- 2 major water pans constructed; farmers replicated at the household level.