ActionAid works with poor people in over 40 countries across the world. Our goal? To end poverty. We believe in doing things differently. We know that with the right opportunities, poor people will find their own solutions - and build new lives.
ActionAid Nigeria commenced programmatic operations in January 2000 after a Country appraisal which found poverty in the midst of plenty.
We commenced work then through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Our works are currently spread across 26 states of the federation.
- Work with government and their institutions to promote laws, policies and practices that address the rights of poor and excluded communities
- Work with organisations to advocate accountable, democratic and transparent governance with pro-poor policies and programmes
- Enhance access for women and girls to decision-making process, resources and justice at all levels
- Strengthen poor and excluded people and communities to influence policies and practices that affect their rights
- Strengthen the structures, systems and processes of ActionAid Nigeria and partners for accountable, effective and dynamic operations
The Vision of AAN is to see a Nigeria without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys his or her right to life with Dignity.
ActionAid Nigeria’s mission is to work with the poor and excluded people to eradicate poverty and injustice in Nigeria
ActionAid Nigeria lives by the following values of ActionAid and which has been demonstrated through the accountability, learning and planning system (ALPS) and this include; mutual respect, equity and justice, honesty and transparency, solidarity with the poor, powerless and excluded, courage of conviction, independence from any religious or political party affiliation and Humility in presentation and behaviour.
Board of Trustees
Prof. U. A. IgunProf. Patricia DonliDr. Kole ShettimaProf. Sam EgwuHajiya Nuratu Batagarawa Prof. Omotoye OlorodeMrs. Martina UgwuMr. David NwachukwuDr. T. Agary Comrade John OdahMs. Lucy UpahMr. Johnson IkubeMrs. Fatima Abbas HassanDr. Jummai Umar-Ajijola Mallam Lawal Abdullahi Inde
Country Management Team
Dr. Hussaini Abdu - Country Director
Ifeoma Charles-Monwuba - Director of Programmes/Deputy Country Director
Oluwole Elegbede - Director of Finance
Funmilayo Oyefusi - Director of Human Resource & Organisational Effectiveness
Gimba Ahmed Bello - Internal Auditor
Tasallah Chibok - Head of Programmes Quality
Suwaiba Jubrin - Head of Partnership and Local Rights Programme
Toyin Ekpeneidua - Head of Fund Raising and Sponsorship
Emeka Nwankwo - IASL Manager
Tunde Aremu - Policy and Campaign Manager
Patience Ekeoba - Women’s Rights Manager
Olugbenro Olajuyigbe- Human Security Manager
Ipoade Omilaju - Programme Manager (Health)
Eric Mfonsang Shu - Project Manager IDP
Andrew Mamedu - Project Coordinator TEGIN.