Actionaid International Somaliland (AAIS) has been working in Somaliland since 1992; it has been committed to putting the active agency of people living in poverty and exclusion first to bring about transformative and sustainable changes to their lives.
Our vision is a world without poverty and injustice in which all citizens enjoy their right to a life with dignity
Our mission is to work with poor and excluded people and their organizations eradicate poverty and injustice in Somaliland.
- MUTUAL RESPECT, requiring us to recognize the innate worth of all people and the value of diversity
- EQUITY AND JUSTICE, requiring us to work to ensure equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, color, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion.
- HONESTY AND TRANSPARENCY, being accountable at all levels for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgments and communications with others.
- SOLIDARITY WITH THE POOR, powerless and excluded will be the only bias in our commitment to the fight against poverty.
- COURAGE OF CONVICTION, requiring us to be creative and radical, bold and innovative – without fear of failure – in pursuit of making the greatest possible impact on the causes of poverty.
- INDEPENDENCE from any religious or party-political affiliation.
- HUMILITY in our presentation and behavior, recognizing that we are part of a wider alliance against poverty.