Zambia - Some Fast Facts
- Population: 14.54 million.
- Gross national income per capita: $2,898.19
- Foreign direct investment (net inflows as per centage of GDP): 10.32
- International trade (as per centage of GDP): 83.08
- Population living below $1.25 a day: 74.45
- Average life expectancy at birth: 58.
- Years of mean schooling: 6.5
- Adult literacy rate: 61.4%
- Pupil-teacher ratio: 49-1
- Education expenditure (as a per centage of GDP): 1.35
- Adult HIV prevalence: 12.7
- Health expenditure (as a per centrage of GDP): 6.12
Source: UNDP Human Development Reports