Project Financial Management
• Prepare timely and accurate financial reports as required by the Project Manager and/or Project Management Unit (PMU).
• Submit reports to the Project Manager responsible for oversight to ensure adherence to international finance and donor requirements.
• To support the Project Manager in the use of the financial analysis for sound project management.
• Be responsible for monitoring the budget utilisation and communicate any issues to the project management unit.
• Follow up and review financial reports from all project stakeholders to ensure compliance with the reporting schedule and SDC requirements
• Support project manager and officer with project narratives in relation to expenditure and financial risks.
• Develop financial performance measures in liaison with Project Manager.
• Ensure that project cash flows are managed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the day to day finances, including processing invoices and following up on recharges and payments in collaboration with Project M&E Officer.
• Risk analysis and recommendations of risk management strategies.
• Manage the external audit and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project.
• Work with the Project Manager and PMU to ensure that audit recommendations are fulfilled.
• Ensure that all financial documents are properly stored and archived for referencing and verification during internal and external audits
Project start up
• Coordinate the initial implementation of the project budget by National Project Managers and national project management units.
• Develop reporting templates and other tools and run financial aspects of inception workshop in co-ordination with Project Manager and officer.
• Work with implementing staff to establish systems that are integrated and meet donor requirements.
• Ensure all partners to the project understand the financial requirements and have systems in place to meet them.
Financial support and monitoring
• To provide information and ongoing training to project staff to ensure the financial success of the project.
• To inform the Project Manager of material issues and variances and propose and monitor actions.
• Ensure transaction listings for multi country projects are maintained as supporting documentation for donor reporting.
• Respond to donor financial queries and recommend actions to the Project Manager as required
• To advise participating countries and their partners of donor specific financial rules and regulations and support staff to meet these.
• To support international offices and country programmes to fulfil the requirements for internal and external audit.