ActionAid Tanzania is looking for a professional with strong skills in programming, campaigning, participatory methods and human rights based approaches to support ActionAid staff and her partner organisations. The position is roving and the Advisor is thus expected to support an additional 1 to 2 other East African countries.
The Roving Human Rights Based Approach Advisor (HRBA) is placed through ActionAid Denmark’s People4Change program; with the aim of providing capacity development support to ActionAid and her partner organisations. ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) started in 1998 as a cross-border initiative by ActionAid Kenya. AATZ has two interlinked goals, which is to enable Tanzanians to take charge and exercise greater agency in protecting and actualising their rights; and support and develop partnerships which will work towards creating space for engagement and influence policy development and implementation at grassroots level. The HRBA Advisor will cooperate closely with the ActionAid International HRBA Programme Support Unit with regards to HRBA conceptual and knowledge-sharing, programming and methodological aspects in her/his capacity development work.
Listed below are a few of the Advisor’s tasks, but a more detailed job description can be found on the job site at: www.actionaid.org.
Job tasks include:
- Train partners in HRBA components program design, monitoring and evaluation and link these to empowerment, solidarity work and campaign at Local right to national level.
- Empower selected staff and partner organizations with skills on how to design and implement the Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) in programming with particular focus on participatory methodologies.
- Organize workshops focusing on campaign tools and tactics and support the development of advocacy and campaign plans for ActionAid Tanzania and its partners.
- Guide the Country programme staff to develop partnership capacity development plans and guide them in mainstreaming active local networks for ActionAid’s integrated participatory methodology (Reflection-Action) among partners.
- Train and support partners to generate stories of change that clearly highlight ActionAid theory of change and ensure that key learning is documented and shared with practitioners elsewhere.
- Post graduate degree within relevant field (social sciences, development studies)
- At least 5 years of relevant post graduate work experience – especially with participatory methodologies
- At least 3 years of post-graduate work experience within coaching, training and campaigning
- Solid experience from working with Human Rights Based Approaches
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Ability to facilitate and guide processes without taking the lead
- Cultural sensitivity
Application deadline and procedures
All applications must include a letter of motivation and an updated CV with a subject tittle: HRBA Advisor - ActionAid Tanzania. All applications should be forwarded by email to Advisor1@ms.dk Please also indicate where you saw the job advertisement in your application letter.
As People4Change is a cross-national programme, which aims at building tolerance, respect and expertise across cultures and borders, this position is not available for permanent residents of Tanzania. If you are a permanent resident of Tanzania and find this job interesting, please note that similar Advisor placements in other countries are regularly advertised at: www.actionaid.org
Application deadline is August 1st 2013
August 9th – 13th: First round of phone/SKYPE interviews
August 23rd: Personality Assessment feedback via phone/SKYPE
August 26th – 28th: Face-to-Face interviews of final candidates in Dar el Salaam
Due to the large number of applications received for these positions, it is not possible to provide feedback for all applications. Therefore, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you have not received any reply to your application by August 15th, then you have unfortunately not been taken into consideration for this position.
Starting date: November 1st 2013
Contract start is subject to approval of work and or residence permit. The assignment is for 24 months, with the possibility for renewal. The Advisor is expected to participate in a face-to-face Human Rights Based Approach training in Tanzania in November; therefore the starting date is non-negotiable beyond 1st November 2013.
A detailed job description is available at: www.actionaid.org The job description includes thorough information about the job content, salary, and background for the placement. All interested candidates are recommended to go through the detailed job description before applying. For more information on the People4Change programme, please visit the ActionAid Denmark website: www.actionaid.dk For further information on ActionAid International Tanzania, please visit: http://www.actionaid.org/Tanzania
For any additional questions, please contact: ActionAid Tanzania Human Resources/P4C Facilitator, Stella Lyimo: Stella.Lyimo@actionaid.org