The Specific objectives for the baseline research is to collect qualitative and quantitative data on attitudes, knowledge and behaviors related to female Genital Mutilation/Cutting( FGM/C) in Somaliland.
- Provide detailed contextual information/situation analysis on attitudes, knowledge and behavior of communities and stakeholders in Somaliland relating to FGM/C to help refine the project theory of change , activities and objectives.
- Gather data from a nationally representative sample of women and men on FGM/C prevalence rates to inform national advocacy initiatives.
- Gather relevant baseline data for key project indicators to enable changes in beneficiaries lives to be measured over the course of the project and in relation to a control group .
- As part of the baseline, provide training to project staff (alongside data collectors) on data collection and research ethics.
- Develop recommendations for on-going project monitoring, learning and final impact assessment.